ALL THAT JAZ!

Life's Lessons In Adventures And Misadventures As Seen Through The Eyes Of A Semi-Rambling Aspiring Savant!

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Paparapapa....I'm Lovin' It!

Sounds familiar? Yep, it's the latest one-line catching ditty of McDonalds that am partially singing & humming to. And I bet it's not just me who's doing it, but a lot of other McDonald champions & non-supporters are too. You see, the past couple of years were not that good for the establishment….in the States alone, the company fell short of Wendy's & Burger King's sales, while in Hongkong, customer brand loyalty shifted in favor of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). And of course, here in the Philippines, Jollibee's consumer brand recall was far more powerful than that of McDo. But that was some couple of years ago….Not this time. Recently, the company has been garnering a good deal of feedbacks from customers and was said to generate a record-breaking $9B for the first half of the year alone (that's according to an article of The Economist). A major business turnover! Imagine, from selling only burgers & fries, McDonalds now expanded into serving salads and a wider variety of breakfast, lunch & dinner meal options….with improved process techniques & procedures and an equally improved workforce.

I am not really a die-hard McDo fanatic, but am quickly getting the hang of their meals and their gimmicks. Most of their outlets are now open to serve consumers as early as 6AM to cater to the growing ‘early bird’ crowds, like those going to the gym or those who need to grab a quick breakfast while rushing off to work. I usually grab one myself….either the soft Sausage & Egg MacMuffin or that tasty Longganisa Meal….yum yum! And although salads are not being served yet here in ‘Pinas, am sure I’ll be one loyal customer should it be released here any time soon.

McDo's ingenuity & consumer-orientation is surely making waves globally and is definitely making consumers like me sing: “Paparapapa….I'm Lovin' It!”

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also like McDo's latest ditty as well as their longga meal. Shucks, your post is making me hungry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jaz/Female. Lives in Philippines/Manila/Pasay City, speaks Chinese and English.
This is my blogchalk:
Philippines, Manila, Pasay City, Chinese, English, Jaz, Female.