ALL THAT JAZ!

Life's Lessons In Adventures And Misadventures As Seen Through The Eyes Of A Semi-Rambling Aspiring Savant!

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Twin Fantasies

After watching a cable replay of one of CSI’s case involving Identical Twins, I caught myself pondering over a line that was directed to one of the twins “how does it feel to have yourself staring back at you each moment of the day?” “Difficult….to completely see yourself and know full well that, that you is never gonna be you no matter how much you want it and that you’re not gonna be like you no matter how hard you try.” Hmmm…confusing & freaky, isn’t it?

I used to have a twin (or shall I say, half of a twin) for a classmate back in my elem days and boy, did I envy ‘em. They would switch classes during break periods just to see if their classmates and teachers could tell them apart….and of course, we couldn’t. And provided that scheduled quizzes are not simultaneously held between different classes, they would more often than not switch places. The only thing that could probably set them apart is that one of ‘em is better in Math & Sciences, while the other was good in History & Languages, but until you can prove which is which, it might probably be too late. Cool, isn’t it?

I remembered telling my mom once that I should have been born twice…I mean, with a twin. “ WHAT??!!! Don’t you know that it was EXTREMELY difficult forcing that hard-head of yours out of my womb that it had to be cut open?!! Now here you wish that there were 2 of you?!! And don’t you realize just how racking it was/is to raise you up, what more if there were 2 of you?!! I’d be happier dead than raising another tyrant like u. Hmph! Some gratitude you have! ” mama exclaimed. “Am I really that bad, Ma?” I ask sweetly, directing an angelic smile over her cryptic countenance. “Not really….BUT I wouldn’t want any more of you, that’s for sure. Sakit ka sa ulo e!” she sighed in resignation. Poor mama….I think she’s stressed…maybe I should give her back a massage….that usually works as my ‘lambing’ u know.

Now going back to my ‘twin’ fantasies, don’t you think it nice that you no longer have to look for a mirror or drag a friend to critique you just so that you’d know how you look on a particular hairstyle or apparel since you already have a walking barometer or gauge of a twin? Haha, poor twin of mine, would probably be my guinea pig in most cases. Or you could probably do whatever you want (even break some house rules) and get away with it just by saying “Don’t look at me, I didn’t do it!” at the same time pointing to your unsuspecting twin. Haha, some bright idea I got huh? =) But seriously speaking, having a twin is no joke. I think that deep inside the hearts of each twin lies the absolute diffidence each have over the other. That in most cases, each one would like to be the other….but no matter how hard they try, they just couldn’t. That’s exactly the point made by the twin in the CSI episode. But believe me, twin or no twin, we all are guilty of wanting to be someone we’re not sometimes. We all tend to focus so much on other people’s qualities & traits & forcibly change that of our own to be the person who we ‘think’ we should be, sometimes to the point that we forget our very own identity. It’s a pity that most of us think that way. Can’t we really accept the fact that we are who we are and that we were created to be the way that we are? Yes, we may not have the beautiful violet eyes of Elizabeth Taylor or the charisma & grace of Audrey Hepburn or the curves and height of Naomi Campbell or Tyra Banks, but aren’t we all unique in our own little ways? I think the Lord created all of us a little bit differently from each other to brighten up the world with variety and spontaneity. Isn’t it a lot more stimulating to see something different every day? It definitely is!! Now, cheer up! Being unique is definitely more fun than being plain and common. So, stop envying those slender legs, those curvaceous bod, those angelic charm or those smart minds of your twins or of others….you’re U-nique! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jaz/Female. Lives in Philippines/Manila/Pasay City, speaks Chinese and English.
This is my blogchalk:
Philippines, Manila, Pasay City, Chinese, English, Jaz, Female.