ALL THAT JAZ!

Life's Lessons In Adventures And Misadventures As Seen Through The Eyes Of A Semi-Rambling Aspiring Savant!

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

S-S-B / N-B-S-B Chick

I got a few topic proposition from my friends for my blog section already….and guess what the majority wanted me to publish? Lessons and Adventures in L-O-V-E (mine in particular) …..Egads! Is that a trick question of some sort? You guys already know sure enough that my love life is SOOOOO exciting that it can put insomniacs to sleep within a couple of seconds, what more do you need to know about it? Isn’t that graphic enough? Uh, ok, let’s try it this way….in a rating from 0-10 (with 10 being the highest), my love life would more likely fall closer to 10 with a NEGATIVE sign than it is to zero…now, is that crystal already? Sigh….What the hell are you guys thinking when you decided to bombard me with love topics?!!

Hmmm…I see some grim faces staring at my page now….ALRIGHT!! Let me come up with something….

People often think and associate that being SSB (Single Since Birth) or NBSB (No Boyfriend Since Birth) literally means either you are way too much of a high-standard & of a ‘pihikan’ (choosey in English) chick OR you have either the looks &/or the attitude of a hag. I, for one, am a sure certified SSB / NBSB chick but am definitely no Hag (imply that I am and you’ll regret it for the rest of your life! Joke!). In addition, when it comes to matters of the heart, I don’t think that SSB / NBSB peeps, like me, should be characterized as being ‘a wee bit too choosey’ as to the reason why we still have no partners! Hey, all of us makes oodles of choices every Single day (forgive my doubles, Ms. Wickie, am trying to be emphatic here) and the fact that you, for example, choose one option over another because the latter didn’t / won’t suffice or satisfy you, puts you in the same light as being characterized as choosey, don’t you think? How do we characterize one as choosey? Well, that’s very subjective. We all have different levels of standard and as such, exceeding one’s own level of standard may be considered already as “too choosey” for one person while probably not for another.


So, the next time you hear someone say that they’re SSB or NBSB, don’t be so quick to judge and tag them with “being choosey” as the reason that led to their singlehood. You never know….it may just be Destiny playing its part on their lives or they may just be exercising FREE WILL….which is exactly what my case is =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jaz/Female. Lives in Philippines/Manila/Pasay City, speaks Chinese and English.
This is my blogchalk:
Philippines, Manila, Pasay City, Chinese, English, Jaz, Female.