ALL THAT JAZ!

Life's Lessons In Adventures And Misadventures As Seen Through The Eyes Of A Semi-Rambling Aspiring Savant!

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Blissfully Single...

yet quite miserable....

yeah, you heard me right, and this is also prolly the first time you're hearing it from me.....that, am obviously blissfull with singlehood yet inconspicuously miserable within.

Most of you who know me personally would prolly start thinking that there's no way that those lines could have come from me, literally, as I was, for some reason, epitomized as a "MANANG IN THE MAKING".....sigh....oh well, am a Fashionable Manang In The Making naman nho! haha!

Then, some of you would mayhap go further down the drain and declare that the blogger blogging this sh*t here is a mushy & sappy version of me that I am not in reality. But guys, this is really me blogging this sh*t, and sh*t it really is as I am not comfortable with the idea that am turning into one freakin' sentimental fool myself. Inconceivable huh? Believe it or not, but I've been trying to shroud the emptiness that I feel on yearning for that one right person to come along into my life with my pretense that I am single & loving it.....and that I am one tough lady who doesn't need a man to complete her life. And just as I like to taunt people who turned 360degrees on the words that they initially let out with "Isaksak mo yan sa baga mo!" , I guess then that I, too, would have to take a wedge and pierce myself for eating my own words. Sheesh!

To be honest, I don't know what came over me these past few days/months that I should feel soooo......sigh....Maybe it's Jerry Maguire's "You complete me!" line being replayed over HBO that instigated it all; or maybe it could be mother's constant nagging that an ancient old prune like me should be well-settled already; or maybe it was me attending too much weddings of late that clearly suggested that the number of my "single" and "unattached" friends are near the boundary of zilch, in addition to gaining a multitude of toothless little tyrants who would yak and call me "Auntie" or "Ninang" as soon as they learned how to speak. Actually, it's not really bad.....that last one, but I prefer to be called "Achi" rather than Auntie or Ninang, as both seem to stress the word "old" in my face, haha. It could also be the result of seeing too many "attached" passersby with blooming countenance that hinted on the warm, gushy-mushy-squishy feeling that is quite contagious (maybe, they should have been quarantined so that I couldn't have contracted all these mush that am talking now....sigh!) Oh well, I guess I've been struck by a BIGGER stone or something this time to be affected the way that I am now (note: it's STONE for you, not cupid....so don't go assuming that I have fallen in love)!

Still shaking your heads in disbelief that I'd been metamorphosed from one "manang-wannabe" to a "not-so-single-wannabe"? Better get used to it guys, as all these mush is just the beginning of more mushes to come. And as if I don't know, but I think you guys are extremely ecstatic over my sudden change of disposition and are prolly celebrating over the fact that the former love icequeen is starting to melt its ice. I just hope that whatever caused my change of heart would be worth the trouble! =)


1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jaz, talaga lng ha??! =) jenny m.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jaz/Female. Lives in Philippines/Manila/Pasay City, speaks Chinese and English.
This is my blogchalk:
Philippines, Manila, Pasay City, Chinese, English, Jaz, Female.